Introduction
Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I'm a senior from Rochester, New York. I came to Florida State because I wanted to escape the cold weather in New York, and I definitely don't regret that decision. I'm majoring in psychology and minoring in child development and education. My goal is to go to graduate school and become a school psychologist. I'd love to go to grad school and work in either Washington, Oregon, or California. In my free time I like to listen to music, watch movies, cook, and play the guitar.
In elementary and middle school I primarily had experience using SMART boards and laptops in class pretty consistently. Once I got to high school we started using iPads more to do projects with iMovie and use other interactive apps that enhanced our learning experience. Last semester I had the chance to visit the sandbox here at the College of Education and use some of the technology they have there. I tried out a virtual reality app that allowed the user to travel inside a cell, augmented reality, and 3D printing. Generally, I haven't used any advanced technology in the classroom setting, and have primarily just worked with laptops.
I hope to learn more about the different technologies that are currently out there that are designed with education in mind. I know a little bit about technology. but it's going to be interesting to see how it's applied to an educational setting. Technology is constantly changing, so even the technology I used when I was in middle and high school is outdated. It'll be useful to know what technology is being used now and how I can apply it in my future profession.
In elementary and middle school I primarily had experience using SMART boards and laptops in class pretty consistently. Once I got to high school we started using iPads more to do projects with iMovie and use other interactive apps that enhanced our learning experience. Last semester I had the chance to visit the sandbox here at the College of Education and use some of the technology they have there. I tried out a virtual reality app that allowed the user to travel inside a cell, augmented reality, and 3D printing. Generally, I haven't used any advanced technology in the classroom setting, and have primarily just worked with laptops.
I hope to learn more about the different technologies that are currently out there that are designed with education in mind. I know a little bit about technology. but it's going to be interesting to see how it's applied to an educational setting. Technology is constantly changing, so even the technology I used when I was in middle and high school is outdated. It'll be useful to know what technology is being used now and how I can apply it in my future profession.
When I applied to schools in the U.S., I chose four states where I can have mild winter. But, I miss snow...not heavy one though. :-) One of my friends who just started her Ph. D interested in counseling at psychology said that machine learning can be used to analyze students' data and used to prevent suicide. Since teenagers use social media a lot, their discourse can be analyzed and used to predict their behaviors. We do not learn such technology in this course, but technologies have huge potential in every field. :-) But, we must think about privacy when we use students' data...
ReplyDelete