Journal 6



I went to the website of the school district that I attended from elementary school to high school and looked for class pages from the elementary school I went to. While our class pages used to be built into the district website, teachers now use Google Sites to provide information for students and their parents. I chose a 3rd grade class page from Plank South Elementary School to explore. All the information that is available on the page is also open to the public; the teacher includes their daily schedule, a school supply list, flashcards, booklists, math homework help resources, and spelling lists. The page includes links to other websites that parents can access in order to assist students and provide supplemental material to ensure their success. A screenshot of the homepage is included below:


Although I won't be teaching, I will have to use technology to fulfill my responsibilities as a school psychologist in the future. I'll need to use computers to administer tests, input information about students, and collaborate and communicate with colleagues. It's also important for me to have a good grasp on the way that teachers use technology to better understand the needs of students and their classroom experiences.

The technology that stood out the most to me at the Tech Sandbox was the SMART board. We had them in our classrooms growing up, but the new features that it possesses lends itself to an even more complex use of it in the classroom. For example, the augmented reality component of the SMART board through the SMART notebook allows teachers to manipulate images that show up on the board; using the cube, the teacher can rotate an image of the human brain to show off different parts of it to their students. Students can also participate by playing games through the SMART board's software and write on the board using the pens provided. 

Comments

  1. Sounds great! I need to go and see the advanced SMART board. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 2

Journal 1